I understand that leadership characteristics have achievement outcomes based on the strength of individuals to work with flexibility.
A French classical author, Francois de la Rochefoucould (1613 – 1680), wrote:
- The only thing constant is change
- This is an oft quoted line, but I believe that sustainable leadership must not only grasp its meaning, but embrace it for its truth in life. This requires an ability to adapt intuitively and by design, in order to meet new challenges and opportunities. Only then can we lead our people and teams to successful futures.
- When we are unable to find tranquility in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
- I like to begin working with clients on where they have developed self awareness, and to identify with them, their further needs for development. From here, we work with conscious and unconscious preferences, using situational analysis to identify behavioural responses. My role is to develop reflective awareness and then to grow self management skills to improve situational responses which will deliver successful results.
- No persons are more frequently wrong than those who will not admit that they are wrong.
I have been working in the field of emotional intelligence with Daniel Goleman’s inspirational studies of self awareness, self regulation, self motivation, social awareness and social skills development throughout my career, and have the deepest respect for its value in the privilege of leadership.
I aim to work with leaders who recognize that to drive sustainable transformation, there needs to be an investment and commitment to sponsoring change in leadership by leadership.